SQL Backup

This forum is for you to give us your feedback on SQL Backup, and suggest new ideas. Please let us know what you think! Post your suggestions, and share your views here.

How can we improve SQL Backup?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add SSL/TLS support for emailing results

My company uses Google Apps for Business for email, so I'm not able to utilize the Backup Pro feature that emails results/logs. Could SSL/TLS support be added?

Thanks

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Prevent "Refresh" repositioning the Activity History List

This is an OLD problem that is still VERY annoying in EAP5.

When reviewing the activity history and having scrolled down several pages, along comes "Refresh Connection" and promptly repositions the list at page 1. WHY? I don't want to be on page 1, I want to be on the CURRENT page.

Please, do something to stop this wasting our time and making the product look bad!

13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        I agree to the terms of service
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        You have left! (?) (thinking…)

My apologies that we’ve been so quiet on this: finding a feasible approach has been tricky (as per Stephen Chambers’ original response).

However, there is now a patch build of SQL Backup Pro UI, that should address this issue.

This has had enough testing that I’m comfortable making it available as a private build. It’s on the FTP site here:

ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/SQLBackup/12Mar2014/SQL%20Backup_7.6.0.36_x86_r232390_232784_e72c2d01fb13.exe

Important: this includes a new build of the SQL Backup Pro server components, and whilst this is unchanged from the current shipping version, it’s not been tested; so people should not upgrade their server components with this build.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Best regards,

Colin.

• Don't see your idea?

SQL Backup

Feedback and Knowledge Base