How can we improve SQL Backup?

Add Filtering to the "Activity History" pane, including backup type, success/fail/warning, and date-range.

1. In the “Activity History” pane, please add a function to filter the results displayed in that pane, by type of backup, failed/success/warning, and date-time range: When you are trying to find a specific DIFF backup and you have to filter through +200 5-minute transaction log jobs to get to your last DIFF, it is very annoying to zero-in on the exact job you are looking for (especially when the list keeps refreshing all of the time and throwing you back up to the top of the list).

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brad HoffBrad Hoff shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Schaeffer1123Schaeffer1123 commented  · 

Currently I am using a Ahsay software for backup.Ahsay Backup software is a robust cross-platform backup solution which allows businesses and managed backup service provider to backup virtual machines, databases and servers to local/mapped network drive, locally hosted backup server, or online backup server hosted in datacentre. I would like to suggest you to try this software, because its reThanks

• RayRay commented  · 

It would be useful to have a configurable refresh interval. With dozens of instances the GUI is constantly refreshing and usually to no purpose. I would be happy with just the existing manual refresh option in the menu and a way to turn off auto-refresh.

• MattMatt commented  · 

It would also be great to have a default filter on how much history is displayed. Or just filter based on the timeline range, which does seem to persist.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Combining this filtering with multiple selection for deleting/downloading, etc too

Feedback and Knowledge Base